Peter | CEO Luxe Bouquet
”Brian and the team have really supercharged our business and have taken things to the next level!
They are amazing at what they do and have allowed us to shift our focus to other areas of the business while they look after our growth.
I love that Brian is super knowledgeable is quick to answer any questions we might have. I highly recommend Wyde Media if you are looking to grow your ecommerce business!”
Before diving into the details, it's important to note two things:
- The founders of the brand are the true heroes behind the successful Valentine's Day strategy and building a fantastic brand. They deserve credit for this successful case study.
- Branded conversions only accounted for 13% of the total conversions from January 1st to February 14th.
2. Campaign strategy & Implementation
Here's what we did to achieve such fantastic results:
- We added Valentine's Day-specific assets at the start of January and spread them across Performance Max, Search, and YouTube to ensure that the ramp-up period was complete by the time demands peaked.
- Time periods such as Valentine's Day generate a lot of "quick" demand that dies out fast. Therefore, we could not afford to waste time for campaigns to ramp up when demand peaked. We sent traffic to Valentine's Day-specific landing pages with 0 friction from people landing on the site to when they convert. We avoided multiple pop-ups or anything else that could create friction. When people come from Google, they are in a buying mode and generally don't want to deal with email pop-up boxes.
- We started bidding on Valentine's Day terms early in January to ensure that we also capture people in the research phase and be top-of-mind when they are ready to buy.
- We optimized the Shopping Feed with relevant attributes and search terms, which resulted in a substantial lift in shopping impressions during the period. We were showing on more searches and got more eyeballs on the products.
- We proactively worked with our bidding strategies. In mid-January, we began to lower our tROAS in 3-6 day windows and removed them completely just before February to make our Performance Max and Search campaigns go all out and capture all the demand.
The Results - Well let’s just say that we outperformed their previous valentine’s day by 48%, and still operated above the ROAS target giving and with a healthy POAS (profit on ad spend) of 3,09x
Performance Max did amazingly well in this account (not a giving thing for all brands) so they were the heavy lifters in the results achieved
The Search side of the account also performed amazingly where we segmented a small position of the spend towards valentines specific terms + added valentine’s day specific ads + extensions to all “evergreen” campaigns
Conclusion - Black Friday gets a lot of attention as the “biggest sales day ever”, and while that is true for most brands, you don’t want to sleep in seasonal events like valentine’s day if your product would fit as a perfect gift.
The key takeaway from this is to think holistically and think about customer experience first from pre-click to post-click and landing page experience, as it’s things like that, that often get forgotten in the process and leave customers in doubt when they land on site.We are extremely pleased with how the strategy unfolded and can only imagine what would have happened if we did not run into inventory issues the weekend before Valentine's Day.
So what do you get in a partnership with WydeMedia?
Based on multiple millions in Google Ads Spend
Our home is the Google Ads interfase, but we are also ecommerce experts who can advise on how to better LTV and how to raise your AOV
We don't take Google Ads nor business growth for granted, and knows how important it's is for brands to have a continues flow of new customers